Denounce the influence of Money in politics, and act in accordance with the California Democratic Party Platform – to CADEM (California Democratic Party)
Round 1: On April 23, 2017, the Club unanimously voted to endorse the resolution “Denounce the influence of money in politics, and act in accordance with the California Democratic Party (CDP) platform”.
- 200 signatures from state delegates
- Congressman Ro Khanna from the San Jose area
- presented to the state party at CADEM 2017 state convention May 19-21, 2017
- ruled “out of order!” Find out all the gory details here , from the pressure to withdraw it, the removal of Christine Pelosi’s name, etc.
Feel the Bern Resolution video: background to creating the resolution
Round 2: On August 20, 2017, the Club unanimously endorsed the revised resolution Denounce the influence of money in politics, and act in accordance with the California Democratic Party (CDP) platform” for submission to CADEM Executive Board, Aug 25-27, 2017
- Co-sponsored by Congressman Ro Khanna
- The Revision: in order to reflect the issues the Resolutions Committee expressed to the writers in May at the State Convention hearing, removing “dereliction of fiduciary duty”.
- The Result: The Resolutions Committee voted to postpone the vote until the November convention, giving time to make further changes.
Round 3 – PASSED!: On October 23, the Club endorsed a third version of the Resolution to Denounce the influence of politics and act in accordance with the CADem Party platform for submission to CADEM E-Board November 17-19, 2017. It was co-sponsored by over 60 state delegates and three other Democratic Clubs. It was approved, but not before the resolutions committee a few changes.
Resolutions for Divest LA, Public Bank LA and Responsible Investing
- Endorsed by the Club August 20, 2017
- Resolution: Divest LA _public bank Resolution
- Community Support letter to City Council